Duct and Smoke/Co, and Natural gas Detectors
CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS AND SMOKE DETECTORS
Many homeowners believe that their smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms last forever. Well, the answer is THEY DO NOT....
All smoke alarms need to be replaced every 10 years. And, depending upon manufacturers, carbon monoxide (CO) alarms need to be replaced every 5-7 years. Even though an alarm may sound when you push the test button or replace the batteries, an out dated alarm does not provide the level of protection you need. Sensors weaken and can become obstructed over time. Check the age of every alarm in your home. If smoke alarms are over 10 years old, or carbon monoxide alarms are over 5-7 years old - they should be replaced immediately!
Smoke/CO Detectors and Alarms
when properly, installed, give an early audible warning needed for safe escape from fire. This is critical, given the majority of all fire deaths occur in the home, and most of these occur at night during sleeping hours.
Smoke/co alarms should be tested monthly by pushing the test button. Once a year, use a smoldering cotton string, candle or incense until the smoke makes the alarm sound (test from the side of the alarm not directly under - sensors are on the side). If the alarm is battery-powered and doesn't sound, replace it with a new battery and try again. If it's electrically connected to household circuits and doesn't sound, check the fuse and try again. In either case, if the alarm still isn't working, replace the entire unit.
Have a qualified technician, HouseDepot inspect your fuel-burning appliances and chimneys.
Duct detector for supply or return forced air furnaces
We recommend HouseDepot should install the unit.
- Photoelectric, integrated low-flow technology
- Air velocity rating from 100 ft/min to 4,000 ft/min (0.5 m/s to 20.32 m/sec)
- Versatile mounting options in square or rectangular configuration with modular construction
- Plug-in sensor offers superb false alarm immunity and the latest sensor technology
- Broad ranges for operating temperature (-4ºF to 158ºF) and humidity (0% to 95% non-condensing)
- Patented sampling tube installs from front or back of the detector with no tools required
- Increased wiring space with a newly added ¾ inch conduit knockout
- One easy-access Test/Reset button and improved LED status
- Patented interconnect feature for multi-fan shutdown
- New high contrast terminal designations
- Built-in short circuit protection from operator wiring errors
- Field selectable settings for configuring the detector
- Two DPDT Form-C relay contacts
- 24 VAC/DC or 120 VAC